My body, My choice!



I know it's mostly just flattery but they tell me I'm a lover at heart or maybe a believer and I like how people see me. It's not exactly the same way I see myself but I think it's pretty close and generally life offers nothing perfect.

I'm not one for long silences or awkward pauses, that's just never been me. I always fill in the gaps with words and conversation even when it's unwanted I somehow speak. Life has been a long tirade of lessons, some of which I was never supposed to learn. Society was always the loudest teacher when it came to all those wrong subjects.

It spoke loud as I walked down the streets and it told me I was walking wrong, it told me I wasn't dressed the right way and my hair was done wrong. It whispered as I sat across from my date and it told me that for the food on my plate and the movie we had just watched I had to give it up

It taught me that there was a price for things I was supposed to give freely because I felt someone deserved the honor. Society whispered in my ear as I lied down in bed and I stared at the walls, it told I was imperfect even in the darkness when no one could see me

It whispered to me as I was cornered in a secluded room but someone too big for me to resist. Society spoke and spoke, it taught and taught until I realized I had to stop listening.

I know it's mostly just flattery but they tell me I'm a lover at heart or maybe a believer and I like how people see me. I'm a believer in a freedom that's not bound by my sex.


Comments

  1. Indeed you're a lover at heart & I'm in love with your work.
    Loved the read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your focus on the heart and sharing it so freely with us. Some of us need to remember to lead more often with it. (Myself included)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss lover at heart,great read😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. #Poetic Justice And now im a believer too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So beautiful. Society has controlled us so much we have lost ourselves. Forever #youbeyou

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

#Signs It Is Time For You To Be Courageous & Take What You Want

Self-Confidence: Spread Some Good Vibes!