I Know But... I Really Don't Know!



Please stop robbing yourself from what you know!

I freeze
I tremble 
I blackout

Expectation vs reality
I see myself acing it but reality slaps the daydream off my face

"I would love to travel the world but I really don't know."
"I don't like it when you undermine my opinions and contributions but well I don't know hey."
"I really like this guy, the only problem he is inconsistent. I don't know, I guess will see how it goes."

Statements or compromised situations we subject our selves to. It's so funny how a few words can change our perception. It is true what they say: it's not about how you start but how you finish. More often than the usual, many ends a sentence with a few consonants keys, a soothing beat to make our mistakes enjoyable.

We have know judgment so well we deprive ourselves of expressing fully. Ending with an 'I don't know' or 'I guess' waters down the possibility of criticism thrown our way. So we settle for letting the world view us as dull or basic. But in our quietness we hold so much knowledge, lessons and opinions we are too scared to share.

Speaking out attracts attention.

Attention attracts questions.

 And questions attract dialogue.

That's too much don't you think?

Voices in our heads answer confidently and clearly but somehow it never reaches the tongue. We choke on our words and utter what we and our inner voice didn't discuss. Why? Because it's the easiest way out, that's why.

We know but we really don't know 
In our heads it plays well, the words are laid out
But our mind convince our tongues that they don't know

Which brings us to the problem. How?
When we choose to drift, we're robbing ourselves from self-clarity and purpose.
When we choose the easy path, we're robbing our future self of time.
When we choose to swallow our opinions, we're robbing our future self of possibilities.
Please let's stop robbing ourselves will to self to do better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’