The Monsters In My Head

📸AfroBloggers 

For someone who has been floating, spread my wings and fly… The fall is hard, deep into a hole that I had last dug myself out of!

The drop down has been long coming, it feels more like a dejavu actually. Like it has happened before and I’m now just reliving the moment. I just can’t stop falling. Deeper and deeper my body is falling me, my mind is beaten down, any attempt feels unbearable. For once my body and mind agrees on something.

It feels like I’m sitting at the edge of the wall in an empty room, window shut with a chipped corner. Out of it rays of sunlight cuts the room in halves making a rainbow diamond on the floor. When it’s dark the hues of trees turn into monsters dancing at the rhythm of my pain. As if part of the natural clock, it’s scary from the inside and even scarier from the outside.

Anxiety beckons me to sit, a revival of my solitude. Even if I only rest here, a kiss of cold air from societal expectations, rejection, disappointments or any chance to feel zips my shadow up into my body. It trails me no matter how fast run, I tried flying clearly that doesn’t work either. Like the stars during day – I’m overpowered all I do is busk my pain in the rays until it's noon again.

Creative prompt courtesy of AfroBloggers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

#Signs It Is Time For You To Be Courageous & Take What You Want

Framed Generation!