Any Ideas Where I can Hide the Body?



I’m not sure if I will ever post this one, but when I do know tables are going to be shaken. Probably a few blocked or why the hell did you do that. But well, here it goes. You got a girl messed up, why would you bring another lady though. Friend, sister of a friend or whatever in between, that isn’t right. There’s a code to these things, don’t make a girl look stupid or surprised. Yeah, I’m a sucker for surprises, but this right here, no man it’s not screwed on right.

Rewind… I met this guy two weeks prior through a friend. Let’s call him John Doe, we were getting to know each other. Conversations on the phone and calls too (insert blush imoji). Everything was going well, pretty much it showed we were both interested in getting to know each other. It was a done deal, signed, sealed and delivered. If you ask me! Dreamy right? He brought my favourite chocolates and marshmallows when we first met. Girl I was like take me already. Haha kidding, in my mind though c'mon boy was paying attention.

Our mutual friend invited me to a birthday party. It was going to be the first time to spend time with my two favourite people. Saturday was the date, I contemplated on what to wear. But my guardian angel whispered something decent I could wear, God knows with being in lockdown for a while it was hard putting myself together due to lack of practice. A few powders on my face, scented cologne and girl was ready to let her hair down.

Fast forward, after a few trips, some food of cause. You never want to go to a party on an empty stomach. Trust me I learnt the hard way. Full stomach equals good vibes. There’s nothing fulfilling like saying, “I already ate.” Anyway we met John Doe going the opposite direction, and supposedly going to pick up someone. Who? I didn’t know, I was on some Emcibini and a bottle of gin. 

A few hours into the party beloved John Doe arrived at the party, a voice in the background commented, “Joh Doe came with a beautiful girl.” My inner voice scrome but I told myself, chill girl. She was damn pretty for sure, queen reckons queen.

I kept my cool, a few dances to keep the crazy inner me in check. Dude just left the girl with us and disappeared. Like the last comment wasn’t enough, a close friend of his started calling the beautiful maiden by his last name? Girl was shook, now the inner crazy overpowered me, I grabbed my friend and coded for a meeting. You know the bathroom meeting girls do to catch up. The only words I could utter were, “And then?” Please be advised I applied many filters to get here. The only thing she said was giiirl I don’t know as well.

Our quickie meeting was over, I had extinguished the fire that was burning inside me. It was time to get back to the reason why I went to the party in the first place. We danced on the dance floor, crazy truth and dare moments, mix and mingle. It had been a long lockdown and I wasn’t going to let anything ruin that for me. Girl deserved a good time. Dude tried to talk to me and acted completely unaware of his actions.

The explanation, NUH, I didn’t buy it. Yes, you had invited her 2 weeks prior but give me a heads up bro. For a moment I thought I was asking for too much. Then I thought hell yeah I deserved an explanation, not this hide and seek game. We’re too grown for assumptions, just tell me straight up what the deal is! I didn’t talk to him for like most part of the party, like make up your mind. I can’t share your attention with anyone else, it’s either you’re here or not at all. There’s no in-between. 

5 hours later he drove me home, apologized. Am I going to see him the same way? Hell No. Is there a chance of ever being a thing? I doubt that. Would I give him a second chance? Well, does he deserve one *thinking face* 

Moral of the story, Never I repeat never let anyone who is unsure of you mess with your mood and vibe. Believe what they show you because nobody can stop reggae! And on some Julian King, 'Zverudo muchazvirega' lol 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’

To The Person Who Still Feels Alone In A Room Full Of Loved Ones.