Dear Stranger

Dear Stranger
📸 Thought Catalog

There was a time I would toss and turn at night and listen to my heartache. I had a lot of questions because we were happy and inseparable. But then everything happened too fast and it felt like I was forcing things. I have never openly told anyone about how your disappearing act broke me. You were my best friend and I loved you as my sister. 

If we were to meet today, I would ask you to explain to me what went wrong? I thought you would be my maid of honour on my wedding day, I thought we would raise our kids together, I thought..... we would have each other's back until the end. 

You were a part of my life and I am grateful to have met you. I cannot erase those memories we shared because we smiled and laughed together. Thank you for being a part of my life for a season.

I hope you are happy and healthy. You deserve to live your best life. There was a time I thought I would struggle without you in my life. But when you walked away or ghosted me I suffered from anxiety. I would cry in my sleep, it felt like a bad dream but it had become my reality. The fighter in me chose to bounce back and I am at peace.

Farewell 

From the girl who was once your Sahwira (Best Friend)


Catch more of Takudzwanashe's work on The Baobab .

Comments

  1. I am glad you bounced back -- this was clearly a very difficult thing to come to terms with. Sending you continued good vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Dating Someone Who Knows Your Mental Health Is Everything Part 2

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’