Breathe! Live From Within


I stare in a distance
Trapped in my web of thoughts
A thousand strings,
Tying logic to emotions
Let's cut a deal my dear thoughts!
A bliss of compromising myself
Such a beautiful mess
A Nightmare? Noooo

Just a reminder of the power my thoughts hold
To build or destroy, Thinking often & deeply
Carrying on an inner monologue
Conversations that are my new home
Burning all the "You will never be anything"
Like a matchstick On a paper scrap

My thoughts are writing into reality
The poem I make of Me
Both a blessing & curse
I hold the key to open any door I desire
I choose to be happy, smile & have a free mind
I choose inner peace, I choose Queen Melanin
Now I wear positive thoughts & vibes
But, inside I feel like screaming out the known
Words of discouragement, insecurities & downers

But be gone, no more negativity. I'm now allergic,
You no longer fit in my vocabulary anymore

So deep in my thoughts, I seep positivity
(Adrenaline that rushes my senses & blood)
So deep in my thoughts, I take what I need
(The pleasure of choices is mine)
So deep in my thoughts, I manifest what I want
(A dream that seemed far of a reach)
So deep in my thoughts, I live my fantasy
(Owning my happiness)

New Chapter, New Me: Positive In My Deep Thoughts


Comments

  1. Amazing poem Nashe. I really liked your use of words. I have missed reading your poems and it feels great to be reading them again. Thank you for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You words are intricately intertwined awakening thought and emotions. a cocktail of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful poem. Yes, our thoughts are powerful and can determine a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Picasso if it was a painting
    Loved the word play
    Inspirational poetry

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I could see this being recited, it has such a lyrical quality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’