Just Pull Out The Tooth That Aches & Throw It Away!

📷Tony Ross

Expectations!!! When you hear this word what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Take a second, breathe, if you have it, now ponder on it. Are they realistic? Do they have the next person at heart? The most important question is are they known? Every one of us has preconceived notions, resolutions, and most importantly expectations. While it is justified to hold expectations, it is especially detrimental when those who are expected to fulfil the expectations have no clue. It is nearly impossible for any person to fulfil unspoken expectations.

We all have certain expectations, we expect people to act in a certain way, at a specific time. But how can someone meet an expectation you didn't communicate? Be upfront of what you want, it may seem impossible but a pie in the sky is better than setting yourself up for a known hell. It only speeds up problems, set your relationships with people for failure and burn bridges with no chance of rectifying the situation. Don't succumb yourself to a life of pain, disappointments and hurt, just because you didn't have the courage to speak your mind. Just because they love you, work with you or are your blood doesn't mean they can assume or innately know what you expect of them.

Open your mouth & speak Or be stuck between a rock & a hard place!                             

What you set up yourself!  Three C's Output Of Assumptions


  • Feeling so out it! The word is confusion.  If you expect something from someone you need to make your expectations clear. I don't know if you have realized how many misunderstandings you have had just because no one bothered to say as a friend, boss, partner or colleague that I expect you to do that or not do that.


  • Black mood, drive up the wall! Conflict is inevitable. Stop having high hopes basing on unspoken expectations. This will only lead to internal frustration which is mobilized by fear, which clouds your view of things, people and the environment. In the end, you play victim to your villain narrative.

  • Be down in the dumps! Of without hope & unhappy, Compromise and Broken Trust... Communication is key to any healthy relationship. If you have habits of playing hard to get and communicate your needs & expectations. Stop it!  I was listening to Ellis Brown motivational podcasts one of his words hit me, "If we have less self-love, we do not expect the best out  of life, but at the level, we see ourselves which less than we  deserve." Deep, think about it!



My 5 Favorite Slap Back Into Reality Quotes


“Ignorance is brought about by assumptions” ― T.D.Jakes

“Assumptions are made and most assumptions are wrong.” ― Albert Einsten

 “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”― Donald Miller

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  ― Eleanor Roosevelt

 “You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” ―  Mark Twain


Take time to ask & clarify. State, discuss and agree on expectations. Just saying it is not enough. There is a need for a common understanding of the parties involved. Another thing is just because you said it doesn't mean they agree with you or will adhere to it. So consistently follow through expectations. Keep standard of the agreement. Don't be moved by the wind & waver. Stay grounded and don't compromise yourself with unspoken expectations.


Comments

  1. Hi, I totally agree with you having too many expectations is detrimental to us. It leads to lots of failures and entitlement. The best attitude to adopt is outcome independence and staying in the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah living in the moments, expectations can slowly become routined where is the spontenity.

      Delete
  2. This is why I set my expectations low. I kid. I know when I have a lot of expectations of myself I give myself anxiety. Its silent but you're not calm within and inside paralyzed going through motions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading this book, and one quote hit me, "Pursuing something only reinforces that fact that you lack in it in the first place." I think the best way is to stop chasing and just ease your mind from dissapointments and hurt.

      Delete
  3. Loved this post so much! I couldn't agree more. I have always tried to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment. I've suffered it too often.

    - Nyxie

    https://nyxiesnook.com/how-to-practice-self-care-on-a-bad-day/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it is high time to stop and focus the energy elsewhere. Self love, for example, because we usually search what we lack in ourselves in other people. On a different note, I so loved your blog.

      Delete
    2. People get disappointed with life and other people because of unfulfilled expectations. This article gave me an insight. What do I expect from myself? It's a thing or thought that I constantly neglect because I sometimes feel like I won't be able to meet them. Maybe it's the beginning of failure, or I have already failed by not expecting much from myself. I want the best for myself and my siblings. Maybe it's time I start expecting big from myself and act upon it. Thanks for the article. I have learnt something about life and myself when I was reading this.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for sharing that, I'm glad the piece nudged you to do what is best for you and your siblings. All the best mate

      Delete
  4. I agree with you 😎people say I talk to much or ask a lot of questions but it's just me setting it all straight so that I don't assume or be misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking too much and being upfront with what you want really pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice article frnd.. I'm also hindi blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, share your link so I can visit yours.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful article
    Communication is key
    Loved Albert's quote..most assUmptions are wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...