Why I’m Glad I Came Across The Land of No Men Documentary!

Why I’m Glad I Came Across The Land of No Men Documentary!
📷 Oladimeji Odunsi

Right now there is a high rate of divorces, a misconception that women cannot work together and #manaretrash rants. It is QUITE a scene that tickles your brain and nudges you into action. From the rise of #feminists, which is working depending on your perception of the situation. I believe “We” yes (I’m a woman) need to stop seeing man as the enemy. Rather take the strides being made to empower us, work towards co-existing as women and be #killingit. I believe women can do it whether men exist or not. No shade, but it all starts with self-awareness and self-advancement. With those You can conquer the World.

Through my internet escapades, I came across this amazing documentary on #Umoja women-only village. It fascinated me beyond the obvious, okay they were abused and moved away to start their own village. Their fight began with Rebecca Lolosoli in 1990 for woman rights, genital mutilation, and child marriages. Not disregarding the cause, my attention and interest went beyond this. I learned a lot from the over 26 minutes long video. Here are lessons everyone should learn from this courageous woman. 

1.  Entrepreneurship


Yeah, times are tough, our economy is bad blah blah blah. The song is now old. Understand me here, the #Umoja woman gave me a different perspective. My hope is you see it too. You only have the luxury of complaining when you have options and choices. When push comes to shove, you make a plan. These women strike me as intelligent entrepreneurs, they live off handmade crafts. Furthermore, I unveiled a great gem that they use in their favor. Since they have gained traction, they maximize their profits by charging visitors to pay a fee to enter their village.


Why I’m Glad I Came Across The Land of No Men Documentary!
📷 Nick Fewings


One piece of advice, “Don’t just sit on your ass, find your area of strength and maximize on it.” No one, I say no one will give you an opportunity on a silver. If you have a dream, let it pay your bills. A dream without fruits is dead. You should be able to measure. Up to date, the #UMOJA women have built a school. The women also keep their money and learn how to financially support themselves. I will one question for you, what have done so far that measure from where you started till now? Think about it!

2.      Oneness 

There is a way to work together, this boils down to women more than men. Living without jealousy, competition, petty attitudes and being on each other’s throat all the time. But why can’t we work together as women? Is it genetic or mental standpoint or emotional related? A mystery that needs debunking another day. Only if we knew the power we possess. If a woman can hold down the house without a male figure or help, imagine if we combine that strength.


Why I’m Glad I Came Across The Land of No Men Documentary!
📷 Ethan McArthur

Dynamite with an explosion of oneness. Let’s start a new language only us women understand and throw this misconception in their faces. If a whole village full of women can co-exist it means it is not impossible as we perceive it. Find feminine wisdom that has been buried under with jealousy, anger, and attitude, direct that energy for a greater good. This goes across to just woman to woman relationship.

3.      Open-mindedness 

In the words of Henri Bergson, “The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” Deep right? Let me unpack it… In one phrase, be Open to New Things. Don’t be a-know-it-all, once you deprive yourself of different views you cut off a learning curve. Yes, I’m the type that believes in Knowledge is power notion. Remember I said KNOWLEDGE, not education. I find courageous, that women packed their bags and left their husbands. An act many women, the society and man deem unforgivable. We are dying in silence, as women, as men, as nations, as humans…


Why I’m Glad I Came Across The Land of No Men Documentary!
📷 Ian Macharia


Girl, You Have A Choice, Boy There Is More To Life… Fight for Better!

Don’t let society, different perceptions, theories or comments block you from new experiences, opportunities, and adventures. Be open-minded, have a strong sense of confidence and sense of self. Remember an idle mind is a problem. Free your mind, read to improve skills, ruminate what you have learned, get involved (attend workshops, networking or take classes) and the most important is to experiment. Try and test, the learning process is rewarding.

4.      Consistency

Fascinating and admirable, words to describe what I witnessed in this document. Consistency is the magic word, which is absent in many people. We are an impatient generation, too quick to move on and not walk the process. Rather we think it is simple as, think it, click it and buy it. The women of #Umoja displayed a trait we all should adopt, they consistently maintain their houses, patching the roofs and houses. Sounds too simple right, but the small habits you to determine the kind of person you are.

Why I’m Glad I Came Across The Land of No Men Documentary!
📷 Tarn Hildreth

My appeal to you is to have morals, to sustain your ideas or physical possessions. After that, maintain it continue to follow it consistently to obtain better performance in whatever you put your mind to. Don’t compromise the quality of doing things, have standards and stick to them.


“Success isn’t always about greatness. It is about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” Dwayne Johnson

After all, this said and done, in whatever you do seek for a deeper meaning and purpose. Don’t read for the sake of doing it. In every story, there is a story, so go out there with an open mind to explore and experience.


Comments

  1. #women empowerment
    Love the article
    It's an eye opener

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...