Drifting In A Daydream



Daydreams giving exaggerated hopes in life.
A tender kiss is just behind closed eyes.
Happiness is hidden in the whiff of her scent.
A deeper touch felt even with open eyes.
Just like the waves of an ocean I drift in and away.
My heart drives me in and doubts in my mind chase me back.
A story that has a beauty whispered about again and again.
Due to the fear of stating things already known.
I keep my words to myself.
But what if, maybe it doesn't matter.
I mean everyone probably wouldn't mind hearing something good from time to time.
So I dare to let her know she's beautiful.
This morning.
And then the next.
And the one after that.
She smiles.
She blushes.
I smile and finally breathe again.
Do I dare to tell her more?
The way she makes me feel.
What she sees every day in the mirror
Is a dream that sticks my heart inside my throat.
I couldn't say the word beautiful enough.
I couldn't paint a picture of my soul's vision.
I'm simply human.
I fall
And sometimes I fall hard.
A daydream and a lonely heart.
An exaggerated hope of finding her love.

Comments

  1. Eyes got a little teary. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I had some tissue or napkins on standby just in case 😉

      Delete
  2. Young, potentially unrequited love is the worst, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this was great! Thanks for sharing. It reminds me of when I used to write poetry a lot. Now I just journal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

#Signs It Is Time For You To Be Courageous & Take What You Want

Self-Confidence: Spread Some Good Vibes!