I’m Not Going To Shrink To Make You Feel More Comfortable

In Her Thoughts: I’m Not Going To Shrink To Make You Feel More Comfortable
📸the.photographers.official 

Have you ever been so out of touch with yourself? You’re one person when you’re in public and another when you’re alone. Moments where you’re shaken with the words you say or how you act when you’re around certain company. It’s like you’ve bipolar personalities, each day you see yourself fade away to a point you can’t recognize the person in the mirror. Adjusting to an environment it’s all fun and games, I highly recommend it’s a needed skill. But don’t get too comfortable in that place, remember there’s a time and place for everything.

The question is when is it too much? And is it worth depriving yourself to become a social chameleon?

If you have had these feelings, and you’re constantly trying to prove your worth to people. You seriously need to shift your thinking. Entertaining people who are always on the bubble, who can talk about you any way they like and not treat you well should be the thing of the past. Sometimes we tolerate crap in the name of fitting in. Whether at work or in our inner circles. You’re not quite one thing or quite the other. Basically, you’re living on the fence.

Child, isn’t it tiring?

Shrinking yourself to make people at work,  with friends or family to make them feel comfortable at your expense. Trust me nothing is freeing than being true to yourself. The few times in many I let myself bloom, pick my select few, even if they’re three or less, not everyone is for me. If Jesus, the Son of God couldn’t please everyone, what about me a girl from the dusty streets of Zimbabwe. Don’t take anything and everything, choose what aligns to your goals, your values and interests. One thing for sure those that you’re so eager to please will not like it when you start choosing yourself. I have been there, maybe you have been too. I set boundaries and put my mental health first, and you mad? Now all of sudden I've changed or not cool any more! Seriously,  turn around, take the high road and walk.

Piece of advice, while it’s still flowing in me. I’ve refrained from doing so because sometimes, in fact, all the time, advice should be given where it’s asked. Let’s call it an AHA moment instead. You’re not build to just follow patterns or crowds or opinions. So don’t let people miscarriage your destiny, step out of your comfort zone and walk away from places that aren’t conducive for your growth.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Straight Up With Me Or Walk!

#Signs It Is Time For You To Be Courageous & Take What You Want

Framed Generation!