Thandie's View: Working & Keeping Sane

Thandie's View: Working & Keeping Sane
@Miss_Thandie

Well, young people coming from varsity believe that working or should I say being employed translates to a person having it all and it's all glitz and glam but for most people, it's HELL, LOL. Problem is we see people when they have made it and we envy the success but shan the hard work behind every success. Yes, being employed is one of the nicest and greatest achievements one person could ever ask for, or should I explicitly say from this part of the world. But you know what going to work takes time off the taking care of ourself tab. Have you ever had a bad day in your life at work, you literally feel like you're suffocating? Well, let me take you through my whole experience of working and trying to keep sane.

Being employed for the first time in life brings all sorts of blossoms in life and I really thought that when I get a job everything will fall into place. However, it's a different story I guess I was wrong.  The joy of having a payslip gave me butterflies in my stomach, you know imali iyafunakala guyizin and iyathandwa by everyone. When they say NO PAIN NO GAIN they really meant it. For the past two months that I have been working, I have managed to keep sane though the struggle is real if you know what I mean. Working for long hours a day then you get home to do all the chores because there is no one to do them is the most FRUSTRATING and ANNOYING thing to do but because I don’t have a choice I am forced to do so.

Recently I have neglected myself. I don’t have time anymore to dress up, wear makeu[ and build my confidence. Most parts of the days and nights I will be physically drained and tired. I have literally lost confidence in myself because of the way I will be looking. I can’t even go out with friends during weekends because  I am either at work or at home doing chores which really SUCKS. I am sure you understand me when I say that as human being we all need that refreshing moment to gout with friends or relatives to keep our minds off from depressing issues. I have tried to look for a way forward on how to cope and manage but I have failed. The most painful result you get from all this is being UNAPPRECIATED yet I put soooo much effort, this is just done painfully. Now I have come to understand what our mothers passed through coming from a long day at working and doing house chores is one of struggle. But I guess this is just a phase of growing up and it is also preparing us for tomorrow.

The truth is I LOVE my job passionately because I have always wanted to impact people's lives from all walks of life, the idea of social change has really kept me going and this is what GOD gave me and I am forever grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Straight Up With Me Or Walk!

Dating Someone Who Knows Your Mental Health Is Everything Part 2

To The Person Who Still Feels Alone In A Room Full Of Loved Ones.