Heart Warming Tribute For Lost Fathers


Heart Warming Tribute For Lost Fathers

Late in the summer of 1980, at around eight o’clock she received tragic news.  She trudged down the bleak white corridor which was slowly fading to a cream like color. Her mind was filled with images of her Robert. Her husband - her soul mate had passed on and left their two younglings in her care. A young and quite reserved lady sobbed in her grief. “How had this happened to me?” She asked herself. After only three years of marriage, she felt robbed. “Lord why have you forsaken me, why did you have to take him away from me.” Like a lonely star she simmered away in the depths of the universe, the voices of people around slowly faded away as she was in deep thoughts. The sounds made by mourners became a somber melody to her loss. To lose a husband, a father of her two beautiful angels was utterly devastating. In her mind, the people around could not possibly understand the depths she felt. “Be strong,” they said, and extended their condolences. No one had prepared her for this, she felt betrayed, and the silence deafened her. She was now a widow - a single mother.

In the most part of my life I never had a father figure in my life. My father passed on when was quite young, I barely remember anything about him. Not even a glimpse of the father - daughter memory. All I have is a blurred hazy view of what could have been. My super woman mother assumed the role of being my aunt, mother, father and sister. My father’s relatives disappeared as fast as my father’s coffers dried up. She did her best and I’m really grateful, I couldn’t change a thing. Living with a single parent was a life lesson and it is no fairytale. The effects of not having a father still haunt me, a protector from prevailing winds of life. I felt everything a child shouldn’t bare. The veil of love and care couldn’t hide it very well.

The lost time with father made my life never the same again. Upon that realization the pain of never seeing him can never be compensated. In my mind I wish he had just hold on a little bit longer. Grounded in my mind, “they always leave” my mother remarrying confirmed my fears. That is when I developed a mechanism to remember what is necessary and bury the bad things. I realized he was never coming and I had to go on with life. "Time heals all wounds."

Comments

  1. As time heals ,all wounds regardless of the pain & the body (mind and spirit) get even stronger, it's as even there's an inbuilt coping mechanism .Also during the healing process family and friends do play a huge role, after all no man is an island
    # respect to your mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family is always our backbone and constants they make the pain less and fill the void.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...