Wide Awake


Image from Pinterest

Where art thou sleep?
Far away - beyond the reach
Counting on of no avail
Tick tock, tick tock
Restless mind irks

Soaked in deep thoughts
I can’t see you, walls of unsleeping thickens
Neither sign of dreams nor sleep
Heavy eyelids – the struggle persists
Once again you remain invincible

Even night has fallen asleep
Here I lie awake having a conversation 
with my imaginary friend
I stare into the distance
Greeting restlessness and over thinking
They now know me by name

Rendered vulnerable I had become 
With nothing but sleepless promises and pain
The ceiling had become my own cinema
A front row seat I had earned
Lights, camera, action!!!
 The night was ours

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’