Her dark melanin skin like dawn;
Full of potential and hope;
Only if she dares to dream;
The end of a beginning;
Taste of dust;
Your power lies in the wild;
Endowed; fruits gradually acquired;
A green lustre;
Lift your head high;
Shine!
We spend most of our time working to keep food on the table, learning new skills or on our phones. Now amidst of this world chaos and pandemic we would think we are more connected than ever before, yet we feel more isolated. We live under the same roof and even reconnect with old friends, family members or colleagues, yet we feel like we have fewer intimate connections that generations before us. Surrounded but alone! If Corona has taught us anything, it’s that we have all been pushed to realize that we are surrounded by familiar strangers. Strangers who carry the same last name as ours but we don’t have any valuable connection with them. We are just lonely souls drifting within the same four walls. You can hear them breathing slowly, frantic typing on mobile phones, flash capture of selfies and music blasting but yet you can't feel their presence. Literally we are just roommates cohabitating in the same house. Why do we feel alone? You crave closeness I hope...
📸prettisusu It’s been a minute, last time we discussed about how it’s important to know where your partner stands in terms of them being aware of their mental stability. I reckon it’s a must, it saves a lot of surprises and frustrations because you know who you dealing with. If you haven’t read the article click here , so we are on the same page. I have in a fair share of relationships and it has been a hard journey of knowing how to show up for my partner/friends/family in ways they need me to vs ways I’m comfortable with. It was so easy for me to commit to a routine that was came easy to me like responding fast or make them laugh but I realized sometimes a person just wants you to listen or give them full attention, to feel your presence with no distractions. Hence, this article, please show up for people in your life in ways they need. So what am I saying? Let me explain. Just show up and pay attention to what your partner actually needs. Don’t assume, don’t generalize we are all u...
📸the.photographers.official I’m a girl who has always been one of the guys, but also very much a girl; I don't really blend perfectly into either sides. Sounds familiar? Welcome to the club. I remember growing up, I would pick soccer or wrestling over playing with dolls. Hanging with the guys over girls. I still choose sweat pants and t-shirts over dresses. It’s apparently thought as unladylike in most parts of the world or rather a glorified brainwash to instil gender roles. After a couple of family interventions, a wardrobe revamp and shipping off to college I slowly embraced it. Because unfortunately the, ‘She will grow out of it’ seemed like it was never going to happen. The good thing about having guy friends is there are a bunch of perks, free 24/7 bodyguards on duty, a glimpse into the not so complicated mind of guys and less drama etc. However, too much of something can take a toll on how you look at things. ‘She is such a guy’ I have heard it a couple of time...
This is a beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing (:
ReplyDeleteNikki O.
Thank you Nikki😊🙌
Delete