Flirting With Conformity Part 2

Flirting With Conformity Part 2


I do not know why we have this

thing between us. A forbidden

union, ugly & engorged.

Hidden deep within

Your tongue plated with silver

whispers sweet things in my ear

Adorn me with words & phrases

that brings me comfort in my conformity.

Giving my ego that deep-tissue massage

entering into ecstasy of security within a group

Where I trade my autonomy for company 

Applaud me and give me a standing ovation

Treats me like the best show he has ever seen

We have been back, back, and forth, and forth

He has shown me the shortcuts,

a temporary happiness

There is even denial that it exists

But we just let it play it out

The company keeps me warm

But lately I have been feeling lonely 

I yearn to walk the room and still be myself

Be confident and relinquish fear of acceptance

But I will not stop if do not as well

We have to part ways, I have met adaptability

I really needed somebody, and adaptability

gave me a taste of my worth

I have come to know I do not have to trade 

myself

Having a voice and being a voice

is much more worthy of my pursuit

I choose agility.

To respond to change proactively

rather than acting in accordance with expectations

I bid you farewell

Goodbye my old love Conformity!


Comments

  1. I love how this read and feels like an awakening on a physical, emotional and spiritual level -- loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

Maybe The Reason Why You’re Single Is Because You’re 'One Of The Guys’

Dating Someone Who Knows Your Mental Health Is Everything Part 2