#WinterABC2020| Becoming HER!

In Her Thoughts: #WinterABC2020| Becoming HER!

📸Lighthorse Photography 

I always felt robbed of my voice growing up. By myself and circumstances surrounding me. It's been a journey, and it's my map of becoming HER! Embracing our voice is trendy right now, OWN IT they say, but also that we don't know exactly how to do to. What do I mean? It took me my whole childhood and the most part of my adulthood trying to retain positivity, self-love and mental growth. And it's still a work in progress. If you been with me through my blogging journey every article has a piece of me. Basically, if you really want to know what I'm really about, read my blogs.

Munashe Irene Chakaonda is the name, I'm the HER, in In Her Thoughts. Writing has been part of me, or I could say it was easier to put everything on paper than speak up. Speaking up meant prolonged small talks. I'm an introvert to some, extrovert to my circle and on paper, but, I can safely say I'm an ambivert. My passion traceback to my childhood, where I literally replied people on paper. I spent time working on poems, express and share experiences. Till today I draft my texts and tweets. My first boyfriend in high school sipped the most of the creativity through morning texts and poetic justice. That's tea for another day!

In Her Thoughts: #WinterABC2020| Becoming HER!

I started blogging in 2018, we turned 2 this month. HER's mission is to motivate, socially empower, and redefining thinking outside the box. The focus was and still is improving African narrative and creating relatable content.  HER's approach to social empowerment is largely inspired by being raised by a single mother. With the prior stereotype packed experiences, you’ll find reflected in my writing whether it’s poems and narratives. 

I'm a social reformer at heart in every way, I enjoy creating content to change the single-story my mother and myself were boxed in showing my readers They Can Too.  The best part of what I do is using the power of words to make a change. Through blogging and reading other bloggers' work, I have learned to positive speak and take action which I have easily transferred to my content direction!

I have co-authored anthropology called The Diary of a Black Revolver and have won Zimbabwean bloggers, best creative writing blog 2019. I'm grateful for the wins and so ready to collect more! 

Thank you, click follow button to stay motivated! Day 4 in the bag.


Comments

  1. Thank you for writing how you got started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Particia for reading and support. It takes a comment and read to make it. 🌻

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you sis for being there from the start. The constructive criticism which wasn't well received at first but it shaped my content and direction. It's rare having family know and follow blogs lol.

      Delete
  3. So inspiring! Keep up the amazing work (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Nikki. Girl the consistency, i really appreciate your support. I always look forward to your thoughts. #BloggingFam101

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, it wouldn't make sense without you reading it. You are the most important part of my journey, ❤

      Delete
  5. A friend of the house. Good going 👏🏾 👏🏾 👏🏾

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's take the wins! You feed their yearning for entertainment and i spread the positivity🌻✊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring Reenie!keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valz. Started in 2018 now we here! I appreciate the support!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Framed Generation!

#Signs It Is Time For You To Be Courageous & Take What You Want

Be Straight Up With Me Or Walk!