Five Favourite Songs & Why?

In Her Thoughts: Five Favourite Songs & Why?

My soul lifts up, slowly as the beat take controls of my body. Slowly, then quickly and then slowly again. Lost in the tunes, every time the tune plays it becomes fused in every bone of my bone, bloodstream, and state of mind. A reaction following suit to the beat…When music comes on it is a scene of weird gestures and sounds.

Tap, clap, yell… Sway side to side resonating with the beat… OH YESS, WOOHOO…

Even if the language is foreign or I don’t know the lyrics, music has a way to speak to us. Am I right? Music is more than just a beat and words, it is a part of life. It shares our sorrow, love, joy, confusion and any emotion you think about! Music is a slice of our daily heaven. 

It is really fascinating how music comes together with our daily routines. A mystery I tend to uncover…

Music speaks to our emotions, whether it is happiness, sadness, memories, pain, dreams, stories, challenges and victories. You can literally have a song for every mood. 

An except from Music: A Conversation & A Half, my full article here.

To only pick five songs was hard, but here it goes...

  • Oliver Mtukudzi (may his soul rest in peace) Any song from him was filled with loaded words. Tapera ft Hugh Masekela is the first that comes to my mind which speaks on youth perishing. I grew up on his songs, still listen to them and probably they're going to live longer than me. Tozeza baba, Neria,  the list goes on. And that right here is art in it's longevity which I inspire my writing to be and my legacy.
  • Billie Ellish; Isn't it lovely. Powerful intercretly weaved, a wordsmith. Speaks on finding a way out, I resonate and see myself filled with such emotions. It makes me feel that I'm not alone.
  • Oceans (where my feet never fail) & Rheva; Here again. I'm for the Word, it has helped me out of depression and taught me to guide my heart. It's the glimpse of light after a rainy and stormy day. Basically it keeps me sane and grounded. 
  • Afropop/House: Pick any song and I'm ready to dance. I'm vibing to eMcimbini, before that it was John Cena, and before it was Amapiano. I'm sure by now you get the memo. It's a form of expression on my part. Still debating if I should do Tiktok dance challenges but that's besides the point. Dance is part of me, heads up 100% when I'm distracted, I will probably dancing or rather vibing to non-existant music.

Stay true and flawsome. 



Comments

  1. Great playlist. Tuku is for every occasion. I cant choose a single song from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection here. There is something so special about music.

    You’ve got me thinking what might make my top 5 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it's special and personal. You should definitely share, introduce me to some new jams. Yes?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#Signs It Is Time For You To Be Courageous & Take What You Want

Adulting They Call It! A Day In The Life Of An Adult...

Self-Confidence: Spread Some Good Vibes!